ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the terms between you, the visitor/individual entering into and accessing our website for your own purposes www.balancedlifeacademy.net (‘site’) under which you visit and navigate your way through our site. This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site and if you do not agree to abide by them then please leave the site immediately.
Your requesting access to, entering and use of our site means that you accept, and agree to be legally bound by, all the policies in this Acceptable Use Policy, which supplement our Terms of Website Use at www.balancedlifeacademy.net/legal/terms. Those Terms of Website Use include references to data protection and our Data Protection Policy which applies. We recommend that you print a copy of these for future reference.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
* In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
* In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
* For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
* To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards as set out below.
* In any manner that would constitute any breach of the data protection rights of any person in connection with their personal data held on the site or a breach by us of the data protection laws.
* To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
* To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
* Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use .
You also agree:
* Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
* any part of our site; www.balancedlifeacademy.net/legal/terms–
* any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
* any software used in the provision of our site; or
* any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
* Chat rooms.
* Bulletin boards.
* Community chat and messaging.
* Instant Messaging.
* Push Notifications.
* SMS / MMS Messaging, all referred to as ‘interactive services.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide alongside your access to it clear information for you understand the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, it is not reasonable for us to and we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any individual use of any interactive service we provide on our site. Consequently it is fair and reasonable that it is a term of you using our site that you agree that we have no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards. The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to, and must be monitored with the consent of their parent or guardian. Their use is agreed to be the parent/guardian’s responsibility as we have no method of controlling this. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (‘contributions’), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
* Be accurate and honest and reasonably balanced where they state facts.
* Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
* Comply with applicable law by any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
* Contain any material which is abusive or defamatory of any person.
* Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
* Contain or promote sexually explicit material.
* Contain any personal data of an individual unless that individual has expressly consented to such disclosure and the purpose of it.
* Contain or promote violence.
* Contain or promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
* Infringe any registered or unregistered copyright, database right trademark or trade name intellectual property rights of any other person.
* Be likely to deceive any person.
* Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
* Promote any illegal activity.
* Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
* Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
* Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
* Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
* Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination:
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
* Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to visit or use our site.
* Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
* Issue of a warning from us to you.
* Legal proceedings (in equity and common law) against you for reimbursement of all costs incurred by us in connection with the breach or negligence on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from that breach or your negligence.
* Referral to statutory bodies (such as the Information Commissioner’s Office).
* Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
If we reasonably have to take any action of the type stated above, then you agree that we will not be liable to you in any way whatsoever in relation to such action we take in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this Acceptable Use Policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to this Acceptable Use Policy:
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page without any express notice to you. You are asked to and expected to check this Acceptable Use Policy page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
If you have any questions regarding this Acceptable Use Policy, please contact email@example.com